In-App Video Issues
If you are experiencing any difficulties viewing games on the HockeyTV app, you can try the following general troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the issue. Try watching HockeyTV again in between each step to see if the issue has been resolved. If no improvement is seen, move to the next step.
1. Check your internet connection. Visit this support article here to verify your internet speeds.
2. Close the app and re-open it again.
3. Restart your device. On certain devices, you can uninstall or reinstall the app.
4. Check whether the HockeyTV app or your device have any pending updates that need to be installed. If so, update the app.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the app.
6. If you have tried these steps and the issue is persisting for a live game, please visit our Broadcast Status page. If the live game you are watching has an issue; HockeyTV staff have become aware of an issue. If your game appears in this list, rest assured, that we are actively working to resolve the issue. There is no need to submit a Support Ticket if your game appears on this list.
App Not Working Correctly
If the HockeyTV app installed on your Android device is crashing, or won't open, respond, or work properly, try the troubleshooting steps below. After trying each, check whether it fixed your issue.
Restart & Update:
1. Restart your device.
2. Check for Android updates.
3. Update the app.
Check for larger app issues:
4. Force stop the app. Select Settings > Apps & notifications > HockeyTV app > Storage > Force Stop.
5. Clear the app's cache. Select Settings > Apps & notifications > Storage > Clear cache.
6. Clear the app's data. Select Settings > Apps & notifications > Storage > Clear storage or Clear data > OK.
If the issue persists, please submit a ticket here including a description of your issue, which specific device you are using, the Android OS version you are using, as well as the version of the app you are using.